Thursday, October 9, 2014

New Heavens and New Earth

It's been a rough week.  My kid is teething and extra fussy/clingy/tired.  I noticed last night that he felt warm and of course, my thermometer was out of battery.  I went over to my sister's house with him this morning to borrow hers and sure enough, he's running a slight fever.  After visiting for a little while, we came back home, I gave him some medicine, and put him down for a nap.  He hasn't taken a nap in the morning for months.  But that's just one thing.

There's a bad situation involving some people that we know that we were made aware of on Tuesday that has been difficult for us to accept.  There's been some tears and lots of prayers for repentance and restoration.  Last night, I posted the following statement on my Facebook: "But for the grace of God, there go I."  I have come to realize that anyone is capable of anything.  I don't condemn or look down upon anyone in this situation because I know that, given the right set of circumstances, I could do the same thing.  That's why Jesus told us to ask God to not even let us go near temptation. 

It's weeks like this that make me long for the new heavens and new earth, when all things will be restored and made right.    

No comments:

Post a Comment