Monday, May 12, 2014

Mother's Day

Yesterday was my second Mother's Day.  Although it's designed as a day to honor mothers (and rightly so... you should especially honor your mother on that day), I spent most of the day thinking about how honored and blessed and how much of a privilege it is to be a mother to my young son.  That God would see fit to entrust one of His precious children to me is amazing.  I know without a shadow of a doubt that without His grace in my life, I'd be totally unfit for the job.  Every single day, I make mistakes as a mother.  And that fact would crush me if it weren't for the more overwhelming fact that God makes up for my shortcomings.  He won't disappoint my son or let him down the way I will.  He loves my son much more than I ever could and I take comfort in that.

No comments:

Post a Comment