Wednesday, April 30, 2014

Some Days Just Suck

Some days just suck.  I've had a few of those days this past week.  On Monday, I decided that it was time to put my kitty Nibbles to sleep.  I called a mobile vet since I didn't want to have to take her anywhere because she hates car rides.  The vet couldn't come out until Tuesday afternoon.  So I had this black cloud hanging over my head for two days.  And to make matters worse, I met with a realtor on Monday and he informed me that houses in our neighborhood weren't selling very well and if we were to put our house on the market, it would be priced about $15,000 less than what we were thinking.  We were already planning on waiting another year before trying to sell but according to this guy, we're underwater on our mortgage (based on what he said he could sell our house for and what the county appraisal is).  Although we are taking what he said with a grain of salt, it was still depressing.  We want to adopt more kids and we want to do foster care.  But this house really limits us to two kids (and we're even more limited with foster care since they have restrictions on opposite gender kids sharing a bedroom or same gender with a big age gap).  I really love our house and I'll be sad when we leave but we need a long-term house and this just isn't it.  And now it looks like we'll be stuck here for far longer than what we thought. 

On Monday night, Grandma and Aunt Rebekah babysat and the hubby and I went out for dinner.  We usually have community group on Monday nights but I didn't want to go.  I knew they'd ask about our week and I'd tell them and then probably cry and I hate crying in front of people.  We had a groupon for dinner at a bar so we went there.  It was interesting to say the least.  The bar scene is not something that I'm familiar with so the amount of F-words that were liberally sprinkled throughout conversations kind of shocked me.  Do people not know how to talk without using foul language?  There was also a guy who was probably pretty drunk (although he didn't act like it) who was fascinating to listen to.  He had no filter on his mouth and said some pretty outrageous things to the couple sitting next to us.  Anyway, it's not a place that we'll go back to but it did take my mind off things for awhile. 

No comments:

Post a Comment