Monday, March 24, 2014

A Cranky Child

Today was one of those very, very rare days that I was in my pajamas until noon.  My little guy hasn't been feeling well.  I'm not sure if it was the vaccinations he got on friday or the tooth that's coming in or a combination of both but he's been unusually cranky and clingy.  He woke up during the night at least once the last three nights (which is very rare for him) and he's woken up and started crying at 6 AM the last three mornings.  By 8:30 this morning, he needed some consolation and a nap.  I had fed him and we had both eaten breakfast but nothing else had gotten done.  I sat down in the chair with him to rock for a little while and he promptly fell asleep.  I dozed off not long after him but woke up after awhile and had to content myself with perusing facebook and playing on my phone while he slept.  He needed the sleep and it was too risky to try to move him to his bed.  He woke up at 11:30 and we both had lunch before I was finally able to shower and get dressed.  I didn't mind though.  My little guy isn't a natural snuggler so a few hours with him sleeping in my arms is a rare luxury. 

We had some news this week that was rather disconcerting.  I don't really want to go into detail but needless to say, one of my siblings did something impulsive and unexpected and frankly a little stupid, and it's thrown the rest of us for a loop.  I grew up with them and I know them better than I know almost anybody else but some of their actions are still hard for me to comprehend. 

No comments:

Post a Comment