Friday, February 28, 2014

Kicks and Books

Last night, I got to feel my tiny little niece or nephew kick for the first time.  My sister has been feeling the baby kick for a few weeks now but it wasn't strong enough until now for people on the outside to feel it.  It was weird and amazing.  My sister is 18-19 weeks along so she still has a long way to go but I can't wait to meet the wee one.  They're having the sonogram to determine the sex next week and I've been invited to attend the little event.  Although they both have their preferences (daddy wants a girl and mommy wants a boy), they're going to be ecstatic no matter what it is.  I want a boy so that Josiah has a boy cousin close to his age to play with but I also want a girl so that I can buy the cute dresses and dress her up like a little doll, things that I haven't been able to do with my son.  I've hoped for twins but according to the two ultrasounds, there's only one heart beat.  Oh well.  I guess I'll have to settle for one or the other. 

The weather was nice for a week or so but it's turned chilly again so we've been cooped up inside.  I finished my book on the Colorado gold rush (very fascinating) and started a book that I feel like I should read, even though I've heard from other sources that it may not be very accurate.  "To Hell On A Fast Horse: Billy the Kid, Pat Garrett, and the Epic Chase to Justice in the Old West."  It's interesting, although I've been rather disappointed that it's not as well-written as I would have thought.  Usually books that are somewhat ficticious (sometimes by intent, as is the case with Frontier Marshal, and sometimes not) are very attention-grabbing but this book hasn't been.  I'm reading it with more than one grain of salt and will balance it out by reading a first hand account of a military wife's experience on the frontier when I'm done with this one.  So many books to read!  And so little time....

No comments:

Post a Comment