Tuesday, January 7, 2014

Football and Teeth

And with a field goal that we came close to blocking, the Packers season is done (23-20).  The game against the San Francisco 49ers was good (except that we lost).  It was the type of game that you want to see in the play offs.  Two good teams shooting it out to the very end.  The temperature was around 5 degrees with a wind chill of -10, one of the coldest games in the history of football.  Both teams were tough, both teams made good plays, but when it came down to it, the team that had the final possession of the game won.  The offseason will be kinda long for the Packers but it will give us a chance to heal, regroup, practice, and hopefully come out stronger next year.  During years like this, you always gotta wonder what it would've been like if we had had Aaron Rodgers the entire time.  But no matter what, I'm proud of my Green Bay Packers.  They're a one-of-a-kind team with one of the best quarterbacks in NFL history.

But football season isn't over yet.  We have some good games coming up next weekend.  The Chiefs are out (THAT was a sad game to watch) but the Broncos are still in and I'm hoping they make it to the SuperBowl.  I've liked the Broncos ever since Tim Tebow was their quarterback.  I also like the Saints and the Panthers.  The Colts are still in it and so are the Patriots (the team I hate the most), the Seahawks and the Chargers. 

But on to other news.  Josiah's first two teeth have appeared (bottom).  It's funny to watch him put toys in his mouth because the first thing he always does is scrape the toy against his teeth.  There are times when I think his teeth are bothering him but he's been much better than I ever thought a teething baby would be.  He's also going through a separation anxiety/jealousy stage so sometimes it's hard to tell if he just wants Mommy or if he's fussy from his teeth, or both.  Anyway, I'm working on a project right now that I need to get back to.  I'll write about it when I'm done with it.  

No comments:

Post a Comment