Tuesday, December 3, 2013

Thanksgiving

Well, we survived another Thanksgiving.  I say "survived" not because Thanksgiving is a bad thing but because between all the visiting, the baking, the cleaning, the eating, and the overeating, those 4 days are pretty exhausting.  We had Thanksgiving with Daniel's immediate family on Thursday, we had our little Thanksgiving on Friday, and the big extended family Thanksgiving on Sunday.  I think I did pretty good on not eating too much but we now have a fridge full of dessert leftovers... not a good thing when I'm at home all day long! 

The last week has been gorgeous.  We've had sunny days with the temperature getting up to 60.  On Sunday, quite a few of us went for our annual Thanksgiving walk in the park.  We always seem to have nice weather for our Thanksgiving festivities.  On Saturday, Daniel and I were both outside in t-shirts.  Daniel put up our Christmas lights and I was doing some garden work.  But the nice weather is coming to an end.  On Friday, we're supposed to have a high of 25.  I don't mind since I love cold weather and snow.  Maybe we'll have some snow for Christmas this year!

And now we can all turn our attention to Christmas.  The next few weeks are going to be full.  We have some family birthdays coming up in addition to the usual Christmas-y things that we do.  I kind of wish there was more time between Thanksgiving and Christmas so that so much wouldn't be squished into 3 or 4 weeks but no one asked my opinion when the fourth Thursday in November was picked to be the national Thanksgiving Day.  I've already purchased a couple gifts but I still have the bulk of my Christmas shopping to do.  I think I'm going to have to ask my lil sister to babysit one of these days so I can go get it all done at once. 

Let's all keep in mind during this busy time of year that we're celebrating the birth of Jesus Christ.  It's not about Santa or presents or snow or lights or hot chocolate.  It's about the God-man who humbled Himself and came to earth to give us salvation.  We celebrate Him on Christmas Day.   

No comments:

Post a Comment