Wednesday, December 11, 2013

Colds and Teething and the Packers

Yesterday I had a cold.  My nose was runny, I had a terrible sinus headache, and my throat was sore.  Today, the cold has all but vanished.  This never happens to me so I'm very thankful.  My kid, on the other hand, is still suffering from something.  Late last week, he started to exhibit the signs of teething.  His eating habits started to change.  He would wake up crying at night.  His nose started to run (clear, not the greenish color of a cold).  And his dirty diapers... let's just say things changed in that department as well.  The only thing he wasn't doing was drooling but I know that some babies swallow most of their drool (which then effects their dirty diapers).  But now that I seem to have gotten a touch of a cold, I wonder if he's just suffering from a cold as well.  If so, this'll be the third one in his short life.  If it is teething, I hope he hurries up and pushes those teeth out because I'm doing a lot more of his laundry than I'm used to.  The change in the dirty diaper department has caused a blow out and an impromptu bath almost every day.  Whatever it is, he's handling it like a trooper.  I didn't do much more than lay on the couch and watch movies yesterday and he played with his toys and the kitties all day with nary a whine. 

In other news, the Packers won on Sunday.  Our beloved quarterback, Aaron Rodgers, is still not playing but somehow, Matt Flynn managed to get us a win.  My little brother Cal was at the game and he said it sure wasn't pretty but a win is a win, no matter how you get it.  We still have a small amount of hope of getting into the playoffs but we're heading to AT&T stadium to take on the Cowboys this Sunday.  They just lost to the Bears so hopefully Tony Romo is entering his annual December slump.  If not, it's going to be a tough game.  Rodgers is to be evaluated by his doctor today and will either be given clearance to play on Sunday or he'll be benched for another week.  Even if he does come back, I still don't hold out much hope that we'll make it to the playoffs.  When a quarterback of Aaron Rodgers caliber is injured and out for two months, there's usually not much hope of that team doing anything great that year.  The Patriots would be nothing without Tom Brady.  The Broncos would be done without Peyton Manning.  Russell Wilson and the Seahawks, Drew Brees and the Saints, Andy Dalton and the Chargers.  These teams are nothing without their quarterback.  I'm always sad when the Packers are struggling.  But there's always next year!   

No comments:

Post a Comment