Wednesday, January 5, 2011

The New Year

As I think about this new year of 2011, I'm somewhat disappointed in myself. You see, I don't really have any goals or dreams for 2011. A year ago at this time, I had rather large goals and dreams - a good job for myself and my husband (I got an awesome job, Daniel got a promotion into a job that he enjoys), a house (that dream came true in the spring of 2010), a kitten or two (I got two!), and going back to school (I took one class in the fall of 2010). Basically, this past year was a time of settling; we settled into our new home, our new jobs, and our new schedule. Now that we're settled, what else is there to do?
I do have a few financial goals - having a certain amount in our savings account by this time next year, trade in one of our cars for a truck, and maybe either finish part of the basement (something we could do this year) or build a garage (we'd probably have to wait till next year due to finances). However, these goals aren't very "exciting". They aren't dreams so much as responsibilities.
My husband graduates with a master's degree in the spring of this year. He's studying for the CPA exam and will take the first and most difficult part when he feels prepared. At this point, I don't know if I'll be going back to school. If I do, it won't be till the fall of 2011. I don't foresee either of us leaving our jobs in the coming year or selling our house.
All in all, I foresee 2011 to be a rather quiet year for us. Of course, any number of things could change on any day, but at this point, we aren't planning any big changes.
Goodbye 2010. Hello 2011.

1 comment:

  1. You'll have goals and dreams...they'll just be different than you're used to. Because of that you might not recognize them right away.

    ReplyDelete