Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Valentine's Day

My husband and I celebrated Valentine's Day on Saturday, since I had to work on Sunday. I had to work on Saturday morning, but after I got home, we spent the rest of the day together, taking a nap, going for a walk in the park, and having dinner at Chili's. After we got home, we watched Mansfield Park and then Daniel played me some songs on the piano (keyboard actually). I fell asleep on the couch, listening to him play. Daniel is an incredibly talented pianist. Some of my most wonderful memories of when we were dating is of him sitting at the piano playing and me sitting next to him with my head on his shoulder, listening. He would play romantic songs like "Beauty and the Beast" and "To Make You Feel My Love" (both of which he played at our wedding), Jim Brickman songs, classical and just about anything else he had. Whenever he plays for me, which isn't as often anymore since the time that he has to play he usually spends practicing with his headphones on, I'm always amazed by it. He can read music like I can read a book. And he is SO good. I took a couple years of piano when I was younger, so I know the basics of it. Knowing that little bit gives me an even greater appreciation for what he can do, because I know how hard it is, but he makes it look so easy. I know he could be a great pianist someday, if given the opportunity, but he doesn't want fame and fortune. He wants to play for the love of playing, and to touch other's lives with his music. He plays the organ (and sometimes the piano) every Sunday morning for church. He says he does it because that's his worship to God and because he wants other's to have a good worship experience. He doesn't have to do it, and it would certainly be easier on him if he didn't do it. Most 26 year-old guys are sleeping in on Sunday morning, but he gets up so he can go to church and offer what he has to God.
Daniel is truly a good man and I'm so blessed to be married to him. And I love it when he plays.

1 comment:

  1. Yes, Dara, you are very blessed to have found Daniel - he is truly a man in God's eyes.

    ReplyDelete