Thursday, December 24, 2009

Christmas Eve

It's a perfect Christmas Eve. My husband and I exchanged gifts earlier this evening, we danced in the light of the Christmas tree, we played with our kitty and we cuddled. There's snow on the ground outside and more is coming down. I couldn't have asked for a more wonderful time. But in the midst of our happiness, I can't help but think of those who aren't as fortunate as we are. My thoughts are drawn to those brave men and women who are far from their families this night. I just want to take a moment and say "thank you" to them. I want to tell them that I will never forget the sacrifices that they've made for me. I want to tell them that they'll always have my support and love and I'll do my best to honor them and this great country. And most importantly, I want to tell them that I'll never ever take them for granted.
So, thank you veterans who served in years past. And thank you current members of the military. You are frequently in my thoughts and prayers, and even on perfect nights like these, I still think about you and all that you've done. Merry Christmas and God Bless.

1 comment:

  1. You are right Dara. We really take our military members for granted. They have sacrificed so much for all of us and we should all be very thankful!
    -Deanna

    ReplyDelete