Saturday, October 3, 2009

What Did He Say?

As I was reading Revelation tonight ("The Ending", so to speak), I also was thinking about "The Beginning". I was thinking about Satan's arrogance, his desire to be God, his deception of 1/3 of the angels, and his fall from heaven. And, dear readers, I would like you to think about something and give me an answer if you can.
Satan was able to deceive 1/3 of all the angels in heaven. Think about that. He didn't just deceive 1 or 2 or even 10 or 20. He deceived 1/3 of them. And, considering Jesus said, at the time of his crucifixion, that He could call 12 legions (a legion is 4,500 to 6,000) of angels to come and rescue Him if He so desired, there must be a heck of a lot of angels. These angels were living in heaven... with God. Everything was perfect, there was no suffering, no tears, no pain. And they weren't even people, they were angels! Would you leave a place like that? I doubt it. And yet, Satan got 1/3 of the angels to follow him. So my question is, what did he say? What could Satan possibly have said to them to get them to follow him when they were living in a perfect place with God Himself? What did he say?

No comments:

Post a Comment