Friday, July 24, 2009

First Entry

Hello Readers,
After much consideration, I've decided to start a blog on here. Why? you might ask. Well, one reason would be because I think I'm driving my husband crazy with how much I talk to him. Having a blog gives me a different outlet so he doesn't have to listen to everything I want to talk about. Second, I just plain like to write about things and I get ideas all the time of things I want to write about, but without an outlet for my writing, my ideas are wasted.
I think (though I haven't totally decided yet) that I'm going to have three categories of things that I'll write about, instead of just being totally random. 1. Challenge - Any articles written under this category will be a challenge for my readers to do something for someone else. Every person out there has some problem in their life but I've found that when we start to focus on other's and their problems, our problems seem to shrink and sometimes even go away. By focusing on others, our problems are put in context of what's really important. 2. Hero - I think that way too much of our lives are focused on bad people and what they do. Consider for example the news media; no matter what station you watch, or website or newspaper you read, most of the stories are about bad things and bad people. After awhile, this can really start to get to you and you may start to wonder if there's even any good people left out there. Well, I think there's lots of good people out there and these articles will tell you about them and the heroic thing that they did. 3. Observation - The "observation" articles will be about all those other things that I want to make a comment about but that don't fall under the first two categories.
I don't know how often I'm going to be posting but I hope to add something at least twice a week. I hope my readers will find my blog entertaining and thought-provoking.

1 comment:

  1. I am so glad to see that you have a blog! I look forward to reading your articles. :)

    ReplyDelete